Latest version 1.3.0
Zonk! is a lightweight skeleton web application framework implementing the hierarchical model-view-controller design pattern (HMVC) made for Apache web servers running PHP5.
It is not the first or the last PHP framework. There are a bunch of it out there. So why should You use this?! I tell You why:
It's open source.
It runs out of the box.
It's maybe the most simple PHP5 framework available.
It's a skeleton web application which You can simply extend to Your needs.
It is right for You if:
- You're a PHP5 developer
- You're looking for an intuitive web application framework with a small learning curve
- You just want to implement Your ideas as fast as You can on the web or intranet
- You don't want to code standard application functions again and again
- You like design patterns, but don't need an over-engineered piece of software
It is not for You if:
- You're looking for a CMS
- You don't like object-oriented programming
- You don't know what a template is
- hierarchical MVC (HMVC)
- completely OOP/OOD
- SEO-friendly URL's
- template system
- module system
- language handling
- application & controller filters possible
- Apache web server with mod_rewrite module and at least PHP 5.1
- Linux system recommended, but should work on a Windows systems as well
- optional: MySQL or PostgreSQL + PDO driver (other databases possible through PDO drivers)
- optional: PHP command-line interface (PHP CLI) if cron job scripts will be used
If You like it, send me a real postcard (yes, the offline thingie) from where You live or buy me a beer if You talk to me or donate something. If You don't like it, tell me why or simply don't use it.
Last but not least: use it at Your own risk. This software comes without any warranty.